Down On The Farm is a second generation, owned and operated equine farm nestled in Madison, Tennessee. Some services we provide are Horse Boarding, Riding Lessons, Horse Training Lessons, Horse Training, Consignment Horses and Horses for sale.
Horse Boarding (At this time we only have full board available)
- 12x12 Stall (Cleaned and sawdust daily)
- Round Pen
- Pasture Riding
- Riding Arena (Coming Soon)
- Pasture Turnout (when weather permitting)
- Grain and Hay
- Heated water during winter months
- Blanketing on/off when needed
- Grooming daily
- Fan during the summer
$350.00 Monthly (Discounts for more than one horse)
Our lessons are customized to your interests, ability, and past experiences. Whether you are taking lessons on one of our horse(s) or yours, We instill the understanding of the proper cues, riding positions, and communication between the horse and rider. Most of all we make lessons fun and educational for both children and adults to enjoy.
$ 25.00 an hour
Horse Training Lessons
Do you have trouble with your horse? Loading into the trailer or can’t get the correct lead in the show ring? We can most definitely help! We are able to travel a small distance to you or you are more than welcome to come to our farm. In these lessons are personalized to you and your horse situation.
$40.00 an hour, that includes travel time (1 hour minimum)
Discipline specific training
- Full Board and Training at $1,000 per month. Includes 5 training sessions per week, Hay, grain, fresh water, shavings, mucking stall(s) and turning your horse in and out of paddocks for you. Ferrier, vet services, rotational worming and additional nutritional supplements etc. are provided at owner expense.
- Half board and training at $800 per month include 5 training sessions per week, shavings, mucking stall, fresh water and turning horses in and out of paddocks for you. Hay, Grain, Ferrier, Vet services, Rotational worming and additional nutritional supplements etc. are provided at owner expense.
- Colt Starting/ Re-Starting @ $750 a month (must commit to 2-3 months minimum)
Are you looking to rehome your horse but just don’t know where to start? You not have time out of you busy schedule to meet potential buyers? Are you overwhelmed with project horses and it needs a few weeks in training/starting. Let us take care of that for you! What’s included:
- Listing the horse
- Meeting potential buyers
- Daily Exercise (Owners discretion)
- Owners preferred training (Tune up, Refreshed, Retrain, or Just started) (Owners discussion)
- Daily Feeding (Grain / Hay) and Fresh Water
- Daily grooming
- Daily turn out (If the weather is permitting) (Owners discussion)
- Rehoming is to an APPROVED home only
- Transportation (An extra fee would be applied)
Horses for Sale
COMING SOON! Barbie - 11 Year old Paso Fino (No papers) standing at 13.2 hands, She has a negative coggins and shoes. This mare loads and unloads in the trailer perfect. She stands to be groomed, bathed, saddled and mounted. Barbie has wonderful ground manners and has been ridden through lots of trails. She is a one of a kind mare with an extremely sweet heart.